Each Col-o-ring ink testing book contains:
• 2”x4” with die cut rounded corners
• 100 sheets of 100lb/160gsm European acid-free bright, natural white paper
• slightly toothy paper but not enough to catch even the sharpest dip nib
• sturdy chipboard covers letterpress printed with a crisp application of “afterburner” black
• handy split ring so pages can be removed, rearranged and reinserted as needed
Paper was rigorously tested to ensure that inks would not feather, bleed or show through. Inks can be tested with fountain pen, glass pen, dip pen, swabs or paintbrush on the front or back of the sheet .
Col-o-ring Ink testing books are printed, assembled and designed in Kansas City. Paper was sourced from a local distributor.
Previously, many fountain pen users had been using Japanese flash card to test their inks. One product was pretty good, but wasn’t perfect. It was discontinued a couple years ago and while many people had stockpiled a supply, many folks were starting to run low, myself included. So, my husband and I decided to make our own. We started looking for “the perfect paper” back in October of 2016. We finally chose this stock in January of 2017 and started designing our books. Picking the cover stock and the name was the next challenge. We chose chipboard and a retro-inspired name to keep the books timeless and open to whatever you need them to be.
We bring the “ring” – you bring the “color”!
MADE IN THE USA!
2488 NORTH LANDING ROAD UNIT 112